Monday, September 01, 2008

Goodbye Summer

I am sad to see the end of summer and thought I would share some pics of this weekend at a beautiful beach in Westhampton. It's a great drive at the end of Dune Rd. We haven't been there in years and I couldn't believe the size and beauty of these beach homes lining both sides of the road all waterfront and went on as far as you can see. I tried to get some pics as we were leaving but it was already getting dark. We were having so much fun with the kids, we didn't want to leave the beach! Enjoy the pics!

My honey and the kids playing frisbee. You can see the homes in the background. It's funny - from this angle it looks like they're all attached. But they are pretty close together.

This is basically the size of most of the homes we saw.

This one looked so pretty all lit up. Next time I'll get some pics in the daylight!

The sunset was beautiful - look at the color of that sky.

7 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hey Dawn,
Love these photos. My grandparents lived in Remsinburg(sp)and when I was little my grandfather would take me to Dune Road all the time to gaulk at the big houses. I've always loved houses (no wonder I'm in construction).

Love your husbands blog too. You two are a good team.

Have a fun week.
Hugs,
Shell

SoCal Helene said...

Hi Dawn, Love your photos……wouldn’t it been fun to have one of those homes on the beach, we can always dream, right?!? Thanks for sharing your day.
;o) Helene

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Love,love,love the pictures! Man how I wish I could be at the beach right now. Hope all is well with you. I know you are a busy mom like me. But it's fun even though it's hard work. Hope you have a fantastic day!
xxoo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Victoria Lynn said...

What a beautiful beach! It's great that you took time out to spend with your kids and hubby before the summer ends...and those houses are amazing! You have a beautiful blog and how fun that your hubby has his own! :) Blessings, Victoria Lynn

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Just gorgeous!

I have photos of the Rockaway beaches on my blog ....NY has such wonderful beaches!

Draffin Bears said...

Your photos are beautiful - I especially loved ... fun with the family on the beach and the sunset.

What a great way to end the Summer.

Hugs Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I live very close to where you took those pics, and I have lots of hydrangea! I love them....
Thought you might enjoy these pics...

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/christmas/msg081419176610.html

Kathleen...
I came to you by way of Tam's blog, Gypsy...I know her from other forums..