Saturday, September 05, 2009

Shopping in Maine

Wish I had time to do more! But the little bit I did was great. I found this shell mirror and starfish at this gorgeous cottage store - The Cherished Home in Belfast.  She had the largest selection of Dash and Albert rugs I have ever seen and 2 floors of themed rooms full of great cottage home decor!  Visit their website HERE.   After coming home from our trip I clicked on their About Us page and was not too surprised to see the owner was another LI, NY'er but I was shocked to see it was Genie Francis from General Hospital! We met quite a few that were originally from our area and relocated to beautiful Maine. I just know we'll end up there one day!

These amazing water views and chippy old chairs are what we found behind The Painted Lady in Lincolnville. She had the most amazing pieces and vignettes in her store. I absolutely LOVED everything she sells. I wish I had taken pics on the inside. But when you looked out the back of the store this is what you saw. So beautiful! Visit her website HERE.


Here is a little glimpse of Camden Village and the cute little shops there.
This was another great store right across the street from Lincolnville Beach. Couldn't find a website for this shop. But it's worth the visit if you're ever in the area.

Coming soon: The Doors of Maine...

9 comments:

Carol at Serendipity said...

Gorgeous pictures again! We are off to Camden next week and we stay right on that street at a lovely Inn!
Carol

blushing rose said...

Don't you just love Maine. It is so picturesque ...

Have a beautiful weekend.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love your blog. My first visit was a wonderful one loved the beautiful pictures and what sea inspired finds! Come by and visit this mermaid sometime! hugs

toodles-
Sarah

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos! Warm wishes, Esther

Sue Paliotta said...

Hey Dawn...
The owner of that first store is Genie Francis from General Hospital...she played Laura(of Luke and Laura fame) ...Did you know that????

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Maine is beautiful...I lived there as a child but .. I do not miss the cold cold winters one little bit. :)

Sounds like you had fun !

(())

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Maine is absolutely wonderful isn't it? My Father lives up in the northern area and my hubby and I just tool around the antique stores and shops before we head on up to visit him. LOVE IT ALL!

Barbara Jacksier said...

So glad you took me along on your journey. I really do need to get back to Maine.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!

Thanks for your comment! Please, do let me know if that store comes to mind! ~Kaki