Thursday, November 04, 2010

The Wedding...

Can't believe it's over. All of that planning and the day just goes way too fast!




My brother and new sister had the greatest time at their wedding. Looking forward to hearing all about their honeymoon when they return.



Here are some pics of the decorating we did for the wedding.

We call it "Simple Rustic Elegance"

Handpainted sign for the guest entrance of the beautiful Three Village Inn, Stonybrook, NY.


The cocktail hour rooms. Here we just put white pumkins and golden acorns on the tables.




Inside the cocktail room we set up the wish tree table. In lieu of a traditional guest book. The tree diplays the guests' well wishes - which are written on cards ( or hand cut leaves by the bride) and hung on the branches.  My husband and I created the tree by anchoring the branches in plaster inside the urn. The manzanita branches were purchased from a wonderful lady at Dry Nature Designs in NYC.









via North Island Photography



Here is a closeup of the Wish Tree Poem.



The flowers all fit inside my car (thanks to my husband!)


I would also like to thank my mom and my brother's new mother-in-law for painting 350 acorns gold.  The bride's sister is an amazing artist and painted the invitations, menus and table numbers.  If it weren't for them and the bride's dad and brother, I don't know how we would have created, delivered and set up 16 tables with centerpieces, 350 acorns, 200 white pumpkins, 200 jars of jam, 36 ball jar candles, 188 menus, a 36" wreath, 4 foot wish tree and various signs and decor - all before a 10:30 am mass!

Be our guest! I found this place card wreath idea on Martha Stewart's wedding site. I just happened to have the perfect size in my stock room. The bride cut out each and every leaf and we hung them alphabetically around the wreath. I just added a few fall berries to the beautiful manzanita twiggy wreath.




The reception room.


The bride and groom table.  The urn is where the bride kept her bouquet.


A couple of more signs I painted.





The tables...

My husband made the boxes out of pine. They were 3 feet long, and we distressed, stained and painted on a number of finishes to create the final look. They are filled with burgandy bi-color  preserved hydrangeas.  They are placed on burlap runners and surrounded by gorgeous white pumpkins, golden acorns and simple ball jar candles. Sixteen people (special to the bride and groom) received one to take home. We now carry these in our shop in various sizes/finishes. You can also find the burlap runner fabric in our shop.


The menus...
Beautifully painted by the bride's sister Larissa who is an amazing artist.
The food...tasted as good as it sounds!



My brother and new sister. How beautiful is she and her dress!!
has some beautiful pics of their day.
Here are a few of my favorites!












Love the bouquet with the hydrangeas, berries, pods and wheat!

I also want to thank Laurie, Allison, Felix and Ginger of Hicks Nursery for coming through and getting us those beautiful white pumpkins!! They weren't easy to find! Thanks to you too Mary!!
Also, thank you Susan for doing an amazing job on our hair at 6am!


This post is participating in the following blog events:
Susan's - Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Kristin's - Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures

30 comments:

julie ~ eab designs said...

So beautiful! A fall wedding, my favorite. I adore the hydrangeas with the white pumpkins. And love the color of the wedding dress! What a gorgeous couple and special day. So happy you shared.

Scribbler said...

Everything is absolutely gorgeous! Happiness and best wishes to the new couple.

Anonymous said...

That is just beautiful!

Eileen said...

What a gorgeous wedding! Everything looks beautiful. I just love the wish tree, too.

Julie said...

Enjoyed my visit to your blog!! The wedding details are just amazing!!!!

Julie
www.equusvilla.blogspot.com

Sami said...

What a lovely wedding. I love autumn weddings. Thank you for sharing!

Sami G.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a beautiful venue for a wedding! Loved the gold ballroom chairs, and I loved all of your very special touches that made is so personal. The boxes your husband made filled with the hydrangeas, the wish tree, the wreath with the placecards... all so perfect. And she really is a pretty bride and your brother, a handsome groom. Hope they have many, many happy years together. You really pulled out the stops for this, and it shows!

Happy Tablescape Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sherry said...

What a lovely wedding. I really liked the wreath with each name on the leaves and the box of hydrangea as centerpieces are amazing. My niece was married a couple of weeks ago and her decorations had a similar feel, the venue was quite different though.

Victoria Hayden said...

Dawn, what a beautiful wedding!! Love all the details and creativity you put into it...so wonderful! At least you have many great pictures to get to remember the day by. :) Congratulations to the newly married couple and addition to your family!

Hugs,
Victoria

Debbie said...

I love it! This type of elegant simplicity is very much my taste. I think it's all full of great ideas. I'm saving it to my wedding idea file.

Pathetic, I know. I don't even have a daughter engaged yet feel the need to save inspiration.

A Toile Tale said...

What love this shows! It is so elegant, but understated and filled with creativity. This beautiful bride had a beautiful day, didn't she?
Linda @ A Toile Tale

Bargain Hoot said...

I love helping with wedding and posting wedding ideas on my blog.... would it be alright if I share a few photo inspirations from your brothers wedding on my blog??...

Rene'

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Seems like these days weddings sometimes get too cutesy- simple is always more elegant- you did it perfectly. Very classy.

Barbara said...

This is so lovely! I love simple elegance like this - not over the top, just perfect. Each tough was so well thought out. I love the hydrangeas and pumpkins. Your brother and his bride will always remember the elegance you brought to their celebration.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

WOW! Gorgeous, everything, it looks so magical :)
XO
Kristin

Marigene said...

Absolutely stunning wedding dress. The tables are beautifully done. You must have spent many hours making your brother and new sister's dream reception become a reality. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Maria said...

Beautiful! I love simple, white tables! I may just have to borrow some of your ideas for our Thanksgiving Table! What a beautiful couple!

Alycia Nichols said...

You did an incredible job painting those signs!!!! There are a lot of really wonderful touches! Great job!

Alycia Nichols said...

You did an incredible job painting those signs!!!! There are a lot of really wonderful touches! Great job!

Kathy said...

I love hydrangeas and just cut for the first time my bush after seeing all your pretties. I hope they will do good in my basket. Such a beautiful blog came here from Kristin and glad I did

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there- love the hydrangeas in the boxes and all the charming details! Everything looks beautiful!! Stopping by from Kristins :)

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Fall is probably my favorite season of the year. Your style is thoughtfully beautiful. What a lovely place and setting to begin your journey of married life. Congratulations and best wishes to you both.

Anna @ Take the Side Street said...

Beautiful!! I do love a fall wedding. The tree idea is fabulous, and the bride was GORGEOUS. And October 30 is my son's birthday so I'm a big fan of the date they chose too ;) You did a great job with the decorations!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It looks like you all did a wonderful job here, Dawn! Congrats to your brother and his wife (and you on your new SIL)! They look so happy in that picture. This is really a fabulous job!

flowersandhome said...

Love the wreath! Love the centerpieces with the preserved hydrangeas. Love the white pumpkins. ... Love it all!!!
What a great job!
Bye,
Marian

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Dawn, I came over from Kristin's blog. What a beautiful job everyone did with the wedding decorations. Everything looks gorgeous. Congrats to the bride and groom!
Hugs, Sherry

jess said...

LOVE everything about the wedding! Question, I looked at the Three Village Inn and fell in love. I am getting married in August and probably will have around 170 people, so I'm concerned about the room being too small and the dance floor. How many people did they have the wedding? What was the space like? I'd love to hear all about it!

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Hi Jess,
You left a comment on my blog but no email to reply to. So I hope you receive my response here.
My brother's wedding had 16 tables - a combination of long oval tables of 14 and 12. They had closer to 200 people and it was very tight. The band however was huge and took up a lot of space. The staff actually had to rearrange the tables during the cocktail hour to create a dance floor. I would definitely ask to see a room layout for 170 and see how much space your band or dj will need for their equipment.
Other than that - they were very happy with the food, service, etc.
Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions or if you need any wedding decor. I'm working on a whole line of products.

Sincerely,
Dawn

plant nursery nyc said...

That looks beautiful. What a nice wedding

Alycia Nichols said...

What an incredibly well thought out and executed event!!! As a former wedding designer, I am 100%+ impressed...AND it touches my heart. Having all of that input from so many loved ones near & dear to the couple made this an occasion filled with the kind of details only that kind of love could conceive.

Both bride & groom were radiant! I wish them years and years of love, joy & happiness.