Friday, January 28, 2011

Pretty Snow - lots of it! and Greek Chicken...

Yesterday we woke up to another snow day! I guess wearing our pajamas inside out really works - we never see this much snow on LI. But we've been getting hit weekly. So this is what it looked like out my door yesterday morning. So pretty when everything is covered in white fluff!




So, the fire was lit and my husband worked at home all day. I also worked on some new shelves for the shop and the kids (and dog) had a great time in the snow all day. Well, all except for the oldest one - she spent the day in her pjs studying.


We ended the day with a great recipe from Rachel Ray - Lazy Baked Greek Chicken and my own creamy tomato orzo.


Recipe Link  


Click on the link to go directly to the recipe. You might need to click the print button to see the steps since the show hasn't aired yet (as of today).

As far as the orzo, I don't use a recipe but I can tell you I sauteed some sliced scallions in a little olive oil, added a can of diced tomatoes with the juice and cooked for about 8 minutes - until the tomatoes break down nicely. Then I added about 1 cup of heavy cream and simmered for a few more minutes and toss with cooked orzo. Right before serving, I added some crumbled feta.  A delicious creamy side dish!

2 comments:

Sandy @ Cottage Style Decorating said...

What beautiful pictures! Looks like you're living in a winter wonderland.

traci said...

a nice fluffy pretty snow. we got lots too but ours wasn't as pretty. the winds were too high.