Sunday, November 27, 2011

Matthew Mead and The New General Store

So glad I finally made it out to one of Tricia Foley's The New General Store ~seasonal pop up shops.  A relaxing break from a hectic week. Her home is on such a pretty piece of property on Eastern Long Island. My friend Lisa said "it feels like Vermont". She had beautiful weather for her sale on Saturday.



It was nice to catch up with Lisa from The Polka Dot Pound Cake. And it was really nice to meet Matthew Mead. Such a big fan of his work. His magazine is full of decorating inspiration ~ some great recipes in there too.  He's as nice in person as he is online.




Last night was spent with tea, a slice of my favorite cake (the Christmas cake) from Lisa, and 2 new books to enjoy ~ Matthew's Holiday magazine and Tricia Foley's White Christmas ~ so beautiful.


I also couldn't resist purchasing one of her paperwhite bulbs. They looked so cute in their white enamel. Hope I can grow this one!

3 comments:

julie - eab designs said...

Tricia's "White Christmas" is my favorite holiday decor book. I find inspiration in it each year. How exciting to meet Matthew Mead as well - love all of his ideas too!

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Sounds like a perfect day. What fun to meet Matthew Mead - I'm a fan of his work!

Lisa Gundersen said...

Great post Dawn! xo